Saturday, October 23, 2004

My First Time

Now, usually I wouldn't share such personal information...but I feel like this is the right place for me to get this off my chest.

My first time was today, and it was incredible. It was the realization of a moment that I've dreamed about almost as long as I can remember and it was perfect. Being inexperienced, I had some doubts and fears about whether or not I would do it right...but once I started it came naturally. It wasn't too quick, or too long...just the right amount of time for me to savor it and hopefully remember it always. I'm guessing I had a better first experience than most, otherwise all the kids my age would be doing it, but I think part of my joy was in the anticipation of the act, not in the act itself. I have never felt quite so grown up as I did right then. I have to wonder if everyone else's life has changed because I almost feel like a different person. I can't wait to do it again...

That's right, folks. Today I voted for the very first time. (Hi, Quill!!)

LOL...but on a serious note...I've been waiting for this day since 1991. That's the year I campaigned in my first Presidential race, this year has been so much more important for me just knowing that for the first time I would actually get to cast my ballot, not just encourage others to do so. I almost wish I could relive my first vote over and over...

4 Comments:

Blogger Shark said...

Way to go Cheri! I am so proud of you,now you to can join the ranks of those who can bitch about the govt. and say what you voted for!

Sunday, October 24, 2004 5:06:00 AM  
Blogger Shark said...

was it good for you?

Sunday, October 24, 2004 5:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Yeah, Shark, it was terrific.

And I'm glad I got to meet you too Kristy...if I don't see ya around, I'll at least steal your email address from someplace. ;)

Sunday, October 24, 2004 3:12:00 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Congratulations on voting, Cheri! I actually had a substantial post on my personal blog awhile ago, urging people to care and to vote. I'm glad to see you did that. And I also thank you for mentioning my name in your post; I guess I am the resident politics fanatic around the Council...

Thank you for using the voice you have.

Monday, October 25, 2004 7:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home