Monday, October 18, 2004

Think about this one before you comment.

Let us say that you are in another country for reasons outside of your control. And let us say that your are in the military. And have had many of your friends and comrades killed. Now that is just the setting now on to the situation:


You are a gunner that protects convoys all around the country,and the bad guys are trying to kill you every chance they get. You are riding down a road that has been attacked many times. When suddenly a young man runs toward you yelling with his fists raised. What do you do?


DO YOU

a)STOP TO THINK ABOUT THE POLITICAL STATEMENT THAT SHOOTING HIM WILL CAUSE

b)SHOOT HIM AS A THREAT TO THE PEOPLE YOU ARE SWORN TO PROTECT

c)COMPLAIN ABOUT THE REASONS YOU ARE THERE TO BEGIN WITH

d)DO NOTHING AND LET THE NEXT GUY WORRY ABOUT HIM

e)SHOOT IN FRONT OF HIM AS A WARNING,THEN KILL HIM IF HE CONTINUES

f)ASK PERMISSION TO SHOOT HIM FROM YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND

11 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

I'm going to pick "E."

Monday, October 18, 2004 1:29:00 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

When you sign up for that kind of a job, you do what needs to be done. If I had, I would be there and I would do whatever was necessary. However, fact is, I wouldn't agree with why it was happening and why we were there, and I would do the same thing Kerry did; I'd come home and give 'em hell about it.

Monday, October 18, 2004 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Shark said...

Come on people give a real answer A-F
not some double speak.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 4:43:00 AM  
Blogger Shark said...

after a week I will give the answers as they should and as they are

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 4:44:00 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

My answer is my answer; I would be required to do whatever decision I was TRAINED to do in that situation. I didn't 'double-speak' anything.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 4:50:00 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

With what I know about the current situation over there, albeit not much, I fear for you guys it is either A. or F.

We both know that my decision is not on this post at all. Of course mine would get me court martialed and shot or hung at the gallows.

For those who don't know me all that well, here is my choice.

Q. Pull all of the troops and civilians that are cross checked with Interpol and every other government policing agency out of the country. Nuke it all to hell. Open up the Alaskan pipelines for oil and natural gases.(Then have some punch and pie with all of my friends and family back here and safe at home!)

This option is not a joke for me though I make one at the end. i am serious as cancer, full blown AIDS, and full blown HPV.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger Shark said...

what you are trained to do? what exaxtly would that be?
A,B,C,D,E,or F?

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

I've given my answer above...

...I'm not in the military, I wouldn't KNOW the correct answer. That'd be like me saying to you:

Please demonstrate how to properly do the estimating take-off for a five-story building; and then produce a schedule of activities.

Thursday, October 21, 2004 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger Shark said...

wow a colledge grad. cant even read a test and pick an answer.

Sunday, October 24, 2004 5:29:00 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

So sorry that you don't like the way I answered it. I wasn't aware that was such a huge problem for you.

Yes; a college graduate. And damn proud to be one. And able to spell 'college'.

Sunday, October 24, 2004 3:02:00 PM  
Blogger Shark said...

the correct answer is........E
the chain of command already gave the go ahead to protect the convoy from threats.

Thursday, October 28, 2004 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home