Saturday, August 28, 2004

DEADLINES

Isn't that what the quizzes are for, as well as our blogs, to allow us a better and faster insight into each other. Maybe The Voice is arrogant, maybe Phoenix clings to what she calls faith in a way that we think sometimes is much to firmly. I am a semi-reformed whore and K is highly neurotic when it come to decision making. But that is what makes each of us unique, our strengths can also be our weaknesses to others. So now that that is all settled. We will all talk civilly for a moment.
I was working today, surrounded by a surprise populace of Chinese-Asian. I was mystified to discover that I don't even remember how to say hello in Cantonese, and write my name. I was trying to tell some coworkers that they should say hello and thank you in Cantonese, that would get their attention as well as make them stop to talk. They asked me what words should they say, and all I could hear in my mind was Ana telling me (phonetically) o-why-ni. I am not nor have I ever been in love with Ana, but she and her father taught me how to write my name and hold a small talk conversation in the summer on 1998. So I am standing there not knowing what to say to these young men who for some reason look up to me like some kind of pimp-god descended to give them the commandments.
I offer fairly sage advice when it comes to women. At least I think so. The first thing I say is that if you are trying or are in a relationship, I don't know shit about that and can't help you. But if you just want the girl,young woman, prosti-tot(I work with some high schoolers,) that this is how you approach, this is what you say and this is what you do. I never tell them or my friends that it will last forever or that they should or should not try be in relationships, but that it will work and they will get what they want right now.
The problem with relationships, is that one of the people involved always take a dominate role which is where shit starts to go wrong. That is not to say that if one party is great at math and finances that they shouldn't handle that part. What I am trying to say is when one party or the other whether it be male or female, decides that they know what is best for the other party. Relationship should be founded in friendship, and just like with a friend, you give them advice. Now whether they choose to take it or not is up to them as is the consequences of that decision. Now lets talk about that word for one second. Too many people use it like it only implies negative connotation. That is not the case. It means the outcome or results of any action or inaction that a person makes. It is like the term air conditioning. Most people say they turned the A.C. on when they say that they were trying to make a room or car cooler. They say they turned the heat on when they say they are of course trying to warm up a room or car. Air conditioning means to apply an alternate force to an environment to change that particular environment. Yes there are to different factors, but all the same, as with anything else. That is the one thing that is wrong with the usage of the term relationship, nobody ever realizes that you have a relationship with everyone, whether it is good or bad, it still is what it is. What you should have with a significant other is a friendship and a partnership. That issued to paraphrase in lay terms(only to simplify my diatribe,) that two friends who come together with the realization of romantic emotions should decide to enter into a life together for however long that last as one and equal. If we could somehow get this through all of our thick as heads maybe we can all be a lot happier.
Now I know that through science that there will always be people with a dominate personality, guess what I will be speaking to you guess now. GET OVER THAT STUPID SHIT! If you feel someone that you care about is making a mistake, it is their mistake to make and their life to do it with. Now I know that as friends and family that that is some tough and very difficult shit to accept. That just makes me think of a song that most of you would probably have never heard by an artist I am sure you all have heard of, DMX. Track 12 on his second mainstream CD opens with a skit, then breaks into a song;

"I will rob or steal with you, dog nigga, what. Ride till we die, it's on till it's up. Thick like blood, where's my DOGS? UH! There's my DOGS!
Now who I am is who I will be until I die. You can accept it or don't fuck with it. But if we gon' be DOGS then you stuck with. Let me go my way, but walk with me. See what I see, watch me, then talk with me. Share my pain and make it a little easier to deal with. And despite all the fame, You, I'ma a keep it real to! Rob and steal with DOG nigga what, ride till we die, It's on till it's up. Love is love and I enjoy the love.But when it's conflict then it destroys the love. You can't toy with love niggas take it to the HEART, you ain't gon find to many niggas willing to bark in the DARK. We been here from the start don't fuck it up now. Later on don't even hit me like, "Fuck it up how?" You my dog and I would die for you; let's keep it like that, give me unconditional love and I'll give it right back. FOR REAL!"

This is how RELATIONSHIPS, especially any and all FRIENDSHIPS we have should be. You have to understand and LET someone you care about make there on mistakes. If you don't, you will loose them as a friend, like it or not.

This is a DEADLINE message, and I have now spoken!
(: and I carry a biiiigg stick :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

intense!

love,
jason mulgrew
internet quasi-celebrity

Sunday, August 29, 2004 4:41:00 PM  
Blogger Shark said...

I ride with you,I rob with you,I live with you,I would die with you,thick and thin I alway had your back just as you had mine.If I have never said it before Thank you for being you no matter what came your way.You are more my brother than my own blood.We will ride again!

Thursday, September 02, 2004 2:47:00 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Quizzes are fun.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004 8:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home